Jan 2, 2022
Such a pleasure to have Octavia Raheem on Spirit Moves Podcast. A fellow Restorative yoga teacher, and a lover of rest. She focuses on practices that create a pause in one's life. Octavia brings much-needed medicine to the yoga and wellness community. She educates and gives tools in managing stress, anxiety, and fatigue through restorative yoga, breathwork, and healing verses. Octavia was a writing & literature school teacher before shifting to yoga and wellness, so it is no surprise that she has been published in numerous wellness magazines, and has a second book coming out called "Pause, Rest, Be: Stillness Practices for Courage in Times of Change" which comes out in February. It is a timely book for the current climate that is in need of deep healing. Octavia has been a leading voice in diversifying the wellness world and was named one of 15 game-changers within the yoga community by Yoga Journal. Octavia is a pure delight to chat with. She is grounded, knowledgeable, humble, and in service of spreading healing through rest.
In this episode, we discuss:
* Diversity within the wellness community
* Being named one of the game-changers of 2021 by Yoga Journal
* Healing power of Restorative yoga
* Courage to be still
* The natural pause between all things
* Endings and beginnings
* Emotional overwhelm
* Octavia's new book "Pause, Rest, Be: Stillness Practices for Courage in Times of Change"
* The book "Their Eyes Are Watching God" by Zora Neale Hurston
Connect with Octavia